photo by Jaime Boyd
There May Be Pleasure is the story of two college students, Nathan and Keren. While working on a project together for film class, Nathan realizes he is more interested in Keren, than his studies. The story unfolds through a series of sequences Nathan is filming for the project. In each progressive shot, we follow Nathan’s internal dialog as it reveals more of how he feels about Keren.
The filming of There May Be Pleasure utilized many different techniques for its visual effects. The image was filmed directly off the projector screen, footage was also scanned, manipulated and filmed off an lcd, net filtration was used to differentiate imagination from reality and the film was shot chronologically utilizing all ‘first takes’, for a completely in camera edit.
- Straight 8 Art and 8 of the Best – Official Selection – London, United Kingdom – January 29, 2007
- Pumelo Independent Film Festival – Official Selection – Mumbai, India – March 20, 2007
- Back Alley Film Festival – Official Selection – Tucson, Arizona, USA – May 26th, 2007
- Strawberry Super 8 Festival – Official Selection (OOC) – Cambridge, United Kingdom – June 2nd, 2007
- SUPER 8 MM FESZTIVAL – Official Selection – Szeged, Hungary – September 7, 2007
- AZAdigitalCINEMAfestival – Official Selection – Cinema Museum of Thessaloniki, Greece – October 6, 2007
- Kodak & Milano Cinema Super 8 Film Festival Italy – Official Selection – Milan, Italy – October 24, 2009
Read the production journal for There May Be Pleasure on page 16 and 17 of the 03/2008 issue of SmallFormat magazine. The journal was published as part of the “My Film Diary” promotional campaign sponsored by Kodak.
There May Be Pleasure is distributed by Ouat! Media of Toronto, Canada. For sales information, please contact: Jessica Klement, t: +1 416 979 7380 ext. 2115
Ouat Media Inc.
2844 Dundas Street West
Toronto, ON M6P 1Y7